Watch a short video with excerpts from the live performance in Havana, Cuba.
Italy and Mexico
It’s been a while since we’ve updated the site with news. Now is a good time to convey some significant activities that occurred in 2019.
With help from our good friend in Venice, Italy — Franco Avicolli — we developed possible interest in re-mounting the opera at the historic La Fenice opera house in Venice.
We had meetings about the project in Venice in February and September with the general director and music director of La Fenice. Further planning and decisions are on hold due to the floods and Covid-19.
We remain optimistic that the interest is genuine, and in time there will be news to report.
While in Mexico City last June filming for a documentary about the composer Michael Nyman, we had a chance encounter with the Minister of Culture.
She, in turn, introduced us to the International Program director of the Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes y Literatura (INBAL), which programs, among many other venues, the Palacio Bellas Artes in Mexico City.
After an in-person meeting last November the opera project is now under review for possible re-mounting in Mexico City.
These two possibilities could lead to interest from other venues on the international stage. We’ll keep you posted!
- Excerpts Performed in Pittsburgh Leave a reply
- Fidel está Muerto — Long Live Opera Leave a reply
- Upcoming Talk in San Francisco Leave a reply
- Performance Film Done Leave a reply
- Performance Film: Picture Locked Leave a reply
- Havana Performance Video Nears Completion Leave a reply
- It’s Not Opera, But… Leave a reply
- Cubanacan Opera Makes Local News 1 Reply
- Beyond Havana Leave a reply